When it comes to ovarian cancer among women it is relatively low considered to breast and cervical cancer.
It is associated with a wide variety of symptoms such as an urge to pee all the time, back pain, a numbing pain in the pelvic area, bloating of the stomach and reduced appetite. Sometimes the menstrual cycle changes completely with it coming either in frequent intervals or really late. There might be a significant change with the bowel movement in terms of the cycle with either severe loose motions or constipation. A common cancer symptom such as loss of energy is associated with ovarian cancer too. Shortness of breath along with increasing lethargy can be experienced.
How to get rid of it:
Transvaginal ultrasound and CA 125 blood test help in the detection of ovarian cancer. Most patients detected with ovarian cancer have 5 years in their hands or more. Some of them can get rid of it completely if it is detected at the right time. Chemotherapy along with radiation helps in killing the cancer cells. However, surgery is of utmost importance. Usually in this process the affected ovaries along with the uterus may be removed to prevent the cancer cells from retuning back. If this procedure is successful, the person starts feeling better in a matter of two months or less.
It is important that a person understands the warning signs shown to her by her body. Ovarian cancer treatment in india like every other cancer spreads to different parts of the body like tissues around the ovaries, the bladder, the liver, the abdominal cavity etc. Although every little pain or ache might not be cancer, it doesn’t hurt to show a physician.
- Taking birth control pills. As surprising as it may sound, taking birth control pills has proven to guard you against ovarian cancer. The medicinal properties of it reduce the risk of mutation of the ovarian cells.
- Tomatoes, fish and onions. These three are the stars of your kitchen if you’re looking to keep ovarian cancer at bay.
- You must get to know your family history. If your mother, grandmothers or any blood relative has had the cancer, it’s very likely that you may develop it too. Always keep an eye out for any symptoms because you can never be too sure. Get a genetic testing done to see if you’re positive for developing the cancer. If you are then get to know what preventive surgeries can help you.
- If you’ve started having your periods after the age of 12 then you’re at a lower risk than those who have had it before that age.
- Contrary to the popular belief, pregnancy does have its benefits. Pregnancy helps in stabilizing ovarian cells so that they don’t mutate.
What we must keep in mind is that life is too short. Before we know it, we’ve worked twelve hours a day and can’t wait for retirement. But what if you never see that day? What if years of hard work ends in you not seeing the other side of it? Don’t let that happen to you. Always be cautious and make that doctor your best friend.